Accurately diagnosing the source of the problem is one of the first and most important steps in transmission repair. Our Transmission Scan Service covers some of the most common symptoms of transmission problems.
AAMCO certified technicians will:
- Check transmission fluid levels and clarity.
- Check level and condition of differential fluid and transfer case.
- Perform comprehensive road testing to identify problems in:
- Initial engagements for each gear.
- Drive range for each gear.
- Upshift timing and quality.
- Downshift timing and quality.
- Passing gear.
- TCC engagement.
- Neutral, park, and reverse gears.
- General noise.
- Engine vibration.
- 4x4 performance.
Our Multi-Point Inspection also includes an undercarriage examination to identify external problems in:
- Shift linkages and cables.
- Vacuum connections.
- TV/detent cable/linkage.
- Engine performance and idle.
- Harness and ground connections.
- Axles, shafts, and final drive.
- U-joints/CV joints.
- Fluid retention.
- Pan gasket.
- OBD-II computer trouble codes.
This initial screening allows us to identify visible transmission problems both internally and externally. We won't recommend a transmission rebuild until we've diagnosed the source of your troubles.
Computer and Internal Diagnostics
On-board diagnostics (OBD-II) computers in modern vehicles continuously monitor and adjust your car's performance for optimal results. The AAMCO Complete Computer Service utilizes the latest diagnostic equipment and proprietary databases to pinpoint the exact cause of your transmission troubles, whether it's a broken sensor or other underlying mechanical issues.
AAMCO technicians can:
- Retrieve trouble codes, allowing technicians to identify the source(s) of internal transmission problems more easily.
- Assess data against the AAMCO technical databaseâ€”the most extensive collection of transmission computer diagnostic information anywhere.
- Connect to AAMCO's Kwiktest' PlusBox to identify transmission problems both inside and outside the assembly with greater accuracy.
An AAMCO technician will also physically check:
- Electric components.
- Solenoids and sensors.
- Related wiring that could interfere with normal operation.
We here at AAMCO Transmissions and Total Car Care of Reading have the equipment to determine the root of your car troubles, whether they stem electrical problems, broken sensors, or faulty mechanical systems. After identifying the issue, our experienced technicians will provide you with a recommendation on necessary repair services or replacement parts to help you get back on the road with ease.
Our proprietary Transmission Scan system reveals only minor transmission problems in over half of the cars we service. Our customers receive a greater level of transparency and can easily avoid potentially inflated repair bills from competitors. As one of the fastest growing names in professional auto service, AAMCO provides an unparalleled level of customer service and satisfaction.
If and when your transmission does require major repairs, be assured that you'll only receive high-quality service and parts not cheap parts or salvaged pieces from a junkyard.Â We cover all of our work with a range of comprehensive warranty options, ranging from our basic limited warranties to full lifetime coverage.
Our comprehensive diagnostic evaluation ensures that you only receive the repairs you need. From diagnosis to repairs and post-maintenance, we have the resources and nationwide presence to help you address any transmission problems.